Mahurangi Night Race
|Cruising Series No 4 Points||Friday, 25 January 2019||HW 1137hrs 3.6m|
Sunset 2037hrs Moonset 1040hrs
|Classic A and Modern Classics:||Black Flag||Start 1500hrs|
|Classic B and Woollacott Series:||Blue Flag||Start 1505hrs|
|Mullet Boats:||Yellow Flag||Start 1505hrs|
|B Division: Hyslop Cup||Green Flag||Start 1510hrs|
|A Division: Barometer Trophy||Orange Flag||Start 1800hrs|
Destination: Mahurangi Harbour 22.5 miles
- Start at Devonport in an easterly direction
- Whangaparaoa Passage Navy yellow buoy (Fl.Y 3 sec) Port,
- Finish in a westerly direction between the finish boat and Sadler Point at the Northern entrance to Mahurangi Harbour.
Attention is drawn to the General Sailing Instructions regarding safety provisions.
It is recommended that competitors wear a life jacket and approved safety harness after sunset.
DYC Fleet Finish Boat:
The finish boat will show distinctive bluish flashing light vertically disposed and will be on station until 0200hrs Saturday 26th January. Boats finishing should endeavour to pass close to the finish boat and illuminate sail numbers.
Boats expecting to finish after 0200hrs are to call on VHF Channel 62, before 0200hrs, to advise their position. Boats finishing after 0200hrs are to take their own finishing times and advise the Sailing Committee by 1000hrs Saturday 26th.
In the event of inclement weather the sailing committee may re-schedule the race to Saturday 28h January. A Division, Classic A and Modern Classics will start at 1000hrs and B Division Woollacott, and Classic B at 1005hrs. Postponement will be recorded on the Club answer phone by 1200hrs Friday 25th .
Classic Yachts, Including Mullet Boats:
- Will start on a line defined by Torpedo yellow buoy in transit with the DYC Flagstaff with Torpedo buoy as inner distance mark
- Will finish on a line due South Magnetic of Te Hapua Island South Cardinal Light and take their own finishing times if a finish boat is not on station.
- May carry extras or dinghies in accordance with CYA rules.
Time Limit: There is no time limit
After Race: Prize giving and BBQ 1700 hrs Sunday 27th – everybody welcome.